In this video you’re going to learn about Flip Ups. This includes flipping from Set to Gumption, Gumption to Vertical (Bones Flip) and Set to Vertical.
- Flipping is basically just turning your cymbals
- Flip directly from point a to point b, this means taking a direct pathway
- You can practice flipping by swinging your arms to get the feel of the motion
- The flash is where you see the inside of your cymbals
- A Bones Flip is when you flip from Gumption to Vertical Position and when your right hand goes outward and your left hand rotates inward.
- For all flip ups, make sure you are taking the full pathway to rotate your cymbal. ie: do not rotate in place then move to the position