Vertical Flip Down
In this video you’re going to learn about Vertical Flip Down. This flip is different than other flips like the Sones, Jones, Bones, and even Flip Ups in that the rotation does not start right away and take up the entire pathway. We want to use gravity to help us flip down faster therefore we pull down before starting to rotate.
- You still take a direct pathway from Vertical down to Set.
- Cymbal pull down to the chest area before they start to rotate or flash
- Flash happens at rib area
- Cymbal turn over on the 45 degree angle outward from your thigh/leg area
- You use your shoulder muscles to really get the speed and power for the flip down