Gumption Crash Choke Exercise
In this video you’re going to learn a Gumption Crash Choke Breakdown Exercise.
- This exercise is in 4/4
- You will take 3 counts to move to each position, then 2 counts, then fast chokes on 1 every 4 counts. You’ll finish with 2 standard crash chokes.
- The crash motion always happens in 1 count, fast.
- You need velocity for the crash to make sure the flam sounds smooth before choking it off
- The prep, angles, contact, etc are all the same for a choke as they are a crash
- Choke position should be symmetrical
- Use as much surface area of your body to cut off the sound
- Make sure you can hear a difference between a choke that takes 3 counts verse 2 and 1.
- When you push back out to set after the choke, make sure it’s strong, fast, and has some oomph